2011/2012 STRATEGIC PLAN
This is a detail section of KiwiSpace's 2011/2012 Strategic Plan. See the other sections for further detail.
Student Outreach: Study and Career Inspiration
Increase our 'horsepower'
- Fill all positions on the organisational chart
- Build up network of advisors
- Foster 'quality' members – those who spend 5+ hours a month on the organisation
Develop budget and funding sources
- Develop Funding Plan
DEVELOP RESOURCES AND APPROACHES TO SUPPORT BEING A NATIONWIDE ORGANISATION
- PRINCIPLE: A Member, Anywhere: Members and staff should be able to be based anywhere in the country (or world) and be able to participate in all discussions, projects, etc.
- Establish suitable infrastructure and policies to support nationwide, distributed operations:
- Virtual Organisation: Establish us from the beginning as being a lean, low-overhead organisation that takes advantage of modern
technologies and alternative working styles. Avoid expensive physical offices, where possible.
National and International Connections
- Official Representative: Seek endorsement by the government to represent New Zealand at international conferences and networks. As an organisation we hope to be a representative voice for New Zealand, and to ensure the appropriate information from conferences is fed back to the right channels.
- International Partnerships: Become the local point of contact and work closely with existing international space agencies and organisations, and utilise existing resources and initiatives to maximise our potential.
- APRSAF, JAXA, NASA, ESA, Space Generation, United Nations OOSA, etc.