Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.



So this weekend its engine testing time, again....

Why again? Back in the End of June we tried firing a small liquid fuelled rocket engine, but only got a pad full of propellant due to ignition issues,

(we were trying pyrotechnic) . So back to the drawing board to resurrect the old torch igniter I made late last year, after a lot of researching, a new torch igniter was made and it's only been this week that I've been able to get it to a testing stage (another story!). Making an igniter and getting it to work once is relatively easy I've found, but getting it working reliably and every time is a different thing! Tonight in the shed validated that, a whole lot of bang but no buck, I know the problem and I'll get it sorted tomorrow night. My old torch igniter worked so there's no reason for this new improved one not to!.